Monday, April 7, 2014

I can't wait

I can't wait to meet you. I can't wait for our skin to brush, for that moment we'll know. I can't wait to be "your girl." I can't wait for your look, the look that strikes straight through me, the one that alters my breathing. I can't wait to hate to fall asleep cause that'll be 7 hours I won't be with you. I can't wait to find my self with you. I can't wait for your voice, the only one that will matter, the one that can send my body into overdrive. I can't wait for our "firsts." The first time we see each other looking back, our first over thought perfectly planned and ruined words, our first kiss that excites and envelopes me, my first love, and last.

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.

 I can't wait to be the reason behind your smile. I can't wait to know what makes you tick and know how to change your mood. I can't wait to fight with you and makeup after realizing we can't stay mad at each other. I can't wait to let you win, even though heaven knows how hard that is for me. I can't wait to call you after a bad dream to hear your voice slurred with the dreams you had been pulled so abruptly from, to know its all ok by just one word out of your beautifully flawed mouth.

I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.

I can't wait to fall in love with the freckles and scars that cover your body. I can't wait for you to love me back, to feel that over whelming life consuming love we read about in the books.  I can't wait to bring you home, for my family to pull me aside after dinner and comment on the way you look at me when I'm not looking, for them to say "don't let this one go, he's different." I can't wait to have sleepless nights mapping out our future, to spend all night talking about the stars and how they make us wonder. I can't wait to fall asleep in your arms, to wake up to your lulled breathing.

I can't wait.  I can't wait. I can't wait.

I can't wait for our love to transcend through time. For people to aim for our love. I can't wait for our life. I can't wait to age with you, to re fall in love with you every day. I can't wait to never tire of the way you say goodnight. I can't wait to know everything there is to know about you, but to still be surprised by your unconditional love you show me. I can't wait to grow old with you. To be that old couple that never loses that "sparkle." I can't wait to forever be affected by you.


 I can't wait. I can't wait. I can't wait.

But for now I just can't wait to meet you.

3 comments:

  1. I think this is my favorite post of yours. And in my top 5. I cant wait to meet for those things either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh. I adore this post. Yeah, this is definitely now on my top five favorite posts! I adore you.

    ReplyDelete