Sunday, April 6, 2014

Jealous of slam

12:01 By: Samuel Hawkins
"Truly no bliss if we've never been broken."

"This is the other side of gloom."

"This is YOUR time check the time." 

"This is living when the world says die, this is telling the 
truth with your testimony, when the world says lie." 

"The other side of darkness has already come."

I want to be him. I want my words to change you. I want my voice to impact you. I want to be the reason you believe in your self again. I want you to see your beauty and perfection. I want to pick you up when you fall through words not action. I want my words to be a lighthouse unto others. I want to be your reason for hope. I want my words to be backed by music. I want my words to apply to more than just the beauty queens.  "This is a song for the broken a song for the coping and a song for the hoping." 
I want to make you fall in love. (the way I fell in love with the way he believed in me.) I want to show you it's all worth it. But mostly I want to be a slam poet.

1 comment: